We had our first meeting of the Mid-Hudson Drupal Users Group yesterday. With about 7 people for the first meetup, we had a good mix of people who have never used it and some who make Drupal sites for a living. I’m very happy we finally met and excited for future meetups.
We talked about quite a few things, mainly on what we should talk about in the future. Here is some brain dumping from the session.
- We should meet monthly. Weekday evenings seem to work out best, especially with nice summer days coming up.
- Something that worked well and we will continue for future meetings is going around the room so each person can share their favorite module. This month’s list included:
- We should have a main topic of discussion for someone to present on. If we cannot get a projector from the library either Sean or Ben could probably wrangle up a projector for the night. Possible future topics include:
- Payment Gateways
- Scaling and Caching
- Mobile design
- Organic Groups
- Possible things the group might do:
- Peer Review (ex, “I need to display this data which includes x,y,z so I used modules k,q and d. What do you think?”)
- Homework Assignments
- Helpful blogs and video podcasts to pay attention to:
I think we’re off to a good start. We have some networking going and have already shared useful information. The next meetup will feature Vonn presenting on Taxonomy, which will most likely take place Wednesday, June 8th at 6:00pm. Vonn is lining up the Charwat Meeting Room at Adriance Memorial Library again. Pay attention to twitter feeds and the Hudson Valley, NY group at g.d.o to make sure you catch all the details.